Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 1

Today is July 28 2008 one day away from my 25th bday. I was diagnosed with PCOS in Jan of 2008 and was on Metformin for about 3 weeks, till my body felt really bad and I quit taking my pills. I just again started back up and am on 500mg 1x a day and so far am feeling well, besides slight cramps and mild headaches, today a little bit of an upset stomach. But I was fine until 3 pills last time, hopefully all will be a little better this time. I have a appt with doc in September to see if I ovulated, if not I am going to ask about Clomid and see if that will help us any. We have been temping now for the last 3 days and man it sucks...we went from 97.7 to 96.1 today which is a major drop when you look at the chart, hopefully this is what my doctor meant by charting, I am all new to that. So I will keep you updated on how I am feeling and my temp daily, so till then.......God Bless

1 comment:

Mindy said...

If you want to learn alot about charting I recommend www.fertilityfriend.com They have a great charting course that will teach you all about charting! A great book on the subject is Taking Charge of Your Ferility by Toni Weschler--most libraries carry it!

As for the metformin, I dont' have personal experience with it, but I do know that most women who take it do go through periods of being sick while on it--especially while upping the dose. Ask around on conception obsession. I'm sure the girls can give you some tips on how to change your diet so it doesn't affect you so badly!

Mindy